Introduction

8 Replies - 547 Views

Introduction

Posted by Jedidiah May on Oct 5, 2017 9:34 pm

Hi everyone. I just passed my knowledge test with flying colors. I still have only been in the air one time, but I will be flying this week or next to officially begin my actual flight training. I'm kind of using this as a way to get over my fear of heights, and the one trip I took up, I got instantly hooked. I love aviation (what i've been exposed to, anyway). I'm looking forward to getting more involved. At the moment, I'm just wanting my private pilot's license. After that, I don't know how far I'll go.

Anyways, really glad to be a part of AOPA, and beginning to become part of the aviation family. :)

Thanks, Jedidiah

Re: Introduction

Posted by Margaret Ferguson on Oct 9, 2017 7:42 pm

Congratulations on the knowledge test!!!!!!!!I am also new to aviation.Ive been amazed and delighted as to the support of other pilot
s.I passed my test after I was told numerous times I probably would have to take it more than once.Surprise!Now I am about 4 hrs from my checkride.Dont quit studying!The oral is harder.Good luck!!Clear sky’s to you!

Re: Introduction

Posted by Daria Knupp on Oct 11, 2017 10:38 am

Congratulations Jeddiah from all of us at AOPA!

Re: Introduction

Posted by Jedidiah May on Oct 11, 2017 5:04 pm

Margaret, that's fantastic on the upcoming check ride. I hope it goes great. Have you already done the oral? How was that.

Thank you Daria. Really glad to be an official member.

Re: Introduction

Posted by John Hamilton on Oct 12, 2017 2:43 pm

Wow.  Congratuations.  That's a huge accomplishment.  Good luck with the rest of your training.  It's worth it.

Re: Introduction

Posted by J Hardwick on Oct 16, 2017 8:14 am

Do not like being the bearer of bad news, but your written exam results are only good for 24 months.

Re: Introduction

Posted by Jedidiah May on Oct 16, 2017 10:39 am

Hi Hardwick,
I know about the 24 month thing. I'm hoping to be ready for the check ride and testing by this summer. I will be well within the 2 years, but thanks for reminding me. :)

Re: Introduction

Posted by J Killian on Oct 16, 2017 12:55 pm

Get ready for the most fun of a lifetime.  I have been flying for 37 years owned two planes and I still get a thrill every time I leave the ground. Good Luck with your quest.  The right instructor is key.  If you don't feel comfortable, change instructors.

Re: Introduction

Posted by John Munn on Oct 17, 2017 10:50 am

Congratulations, Jedidiah! You are just getting started on a very exciting journey.