Written Test

5 Replies - 1203 Views

Written Test

Posted by Samantha Jones on Mar 12, 2018 3:23 pm

Hi everybody, I'm taking my practice written test on Thursday, and probably taking the actual one not too long after. Does anybody have any tips on how to study for this? Thanks!

Re: Written Test

Posted by Ronald Levy on Mar 12, 2018 11:50 pm

If you've completed all the ground training, you should already know the material.  Don't worry about studying for the practice test, because the purpose of that test is to identify the areas where you need more study.  Just take the test, and see how you do.  Good practice test systems identify your weak areas for you and provide links to study material to bone up on those areas.  If there's an area or areas where you're weak, study that area(s), then generate a practice test on those areas only and see how you do.  Keep working that until there aren't any weak areas, then take a couple of full practice tests.  Whe you can get 85 or better three times in a row on full practice tests, go take the real test.

Re: Written Test

Posted by Gerald Skoog on Mar 13, 2018 7:18 pm

Samatha,
I agree with Mr. Levy.  His description is how I prepared for  my written test.  The slight difference is I took practice tests from different websites.  Once I recieved at least 85% from 3 differenct sites I scheduled my written.  Good luck!

gds

Ronald Levy

Re: Written Test

Posted by Ben Singer on Mar 15, 2018 6:29 pm

I used Dauntless software for my practice tests.  Was very helpful.

Re: Written Test

Posted by Lauren Mcgavran on Mar 19, 2018 11:29 am

I agree with the statements about knowing the material. However, there is an art to taking the test. The practice tests and (now old) question banks that you can find on-line are worth looking at so that you will know how the questions are worded and what kinds of "gotchas" the FAA has thrown in. Once you've taken a practice test or two, you'll be good to go.

Re: Written Test

Posted by Clifford McKeever on Mar 20, 2018 9:27 am

Hey here's some information on how I passed mine. After taking my ground School and taking their practice tests. I got the ASA Prepware 2018 book. It was a great help plus their practice tests look exactly like the FAA written went through the book, scorEd a 90% on my test