Cancelling Membership

Cancelling Membership

Posted by William Holth on Mar 7, 2018 10:08 am

Hi all.   I have had a good flying run but have lost interest in flying.   I am having a challenge getting AOPA to not auto-renew my membership on my credit card.   Can anyone give me some help.

Thanks.

Re: Cancelling Membership

Posted by Danny Shields on Apr 6, 2018 6:25 pm

Please cancel my automatic renewal on the magazine.

Danny Shields

Re: Cancelling Membership

Posted by Sander Van Eersel on Jun 10, 2018 7:39 am

I have had a great time VFR flying as well as adding the IR rating to my license. Unfortunately I have recently lost interest in flying.

Can you please cancel the auto renewal of my membership?

Many thanks.

Sander

Re: Cancelling Membership

Posted by Mathew Contreras on Aug 2, 2018 7:17 pm

PLEASE, it's almost impossible to find the way to cancel.  I'd really not like to pat the automatic payment that's been applied and not interested moving forward.  I'll fight it through my credit card company if that's what's requested, just trying to shed this from me.  Apologies and sorry for the inconvenience.  Mat

Re: Cancelling Membership

Posted by Nicole Applegate on Aug 3, 2018 1:41 pm

Hi Mr. Contreras,
I have forwarded your message along to our Member Services, so they will get you taken care of shortly.
For reference you can always call us at 800.USA.AOPA or even use our new live chat feature on the website and we will help you with anything you may need.

Re: Cancelling Membership

Posted by Ken Daub on Sep 6, 2018 10:58 am

I'm also having a problem canceling my automatic membership renewal on the AOPA website.  Maybe that's how it was set up to be????  I've also left a message with Membership to return my call (and told them why I was calling; maybe another reason not to return my call???).  Anyway, can somebody please help me to cancel my auto renewal/membership as I am no longer flying.

Re: Cancelling Membership

Posted by Nick Mclain on Sep 20, 2018 12:17 pm

Very disappointed that Aopa tricks members into their autorenewl. At time of sign up I indicated that I did not want it and it still signed me up.... why isn’t there a way to turn it off?

Re: Cancelling Membership

Posted by Rutuja Yengul on Oct 13, 2018 1:43 pm

I wanted to get my membership cancelled too, I tried to uncheck the boxes under My Account --> Opt in choices --> Membership section. But that hasn't updated my renewal status. Is there any other method to do it?

Re: Cancelling Membership

Posted by Lauren Ayers on Oct 16, 2018 9:39 am

Hi Nick,

I am sorry for any confusion regarding when you paid on our join form.  The auto renewal box would need to be unchecked on the join form in order to remove that feature before checking out.  I have removed the auto renewal set up on your account as of today, and deleted your card information from the account.  We apologize for the inconvenience, and if there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know!

Re: Cancelling Membership

Posted by Lauren Ayers on Oct 16, 2018 9:45 am

Hi Rutuja,

Your membership expires the end of this month, 10/31/2018.  There is nothing further you need to do, as the account was marked to discontinue, and I have removed the card on file today.  We appreciate your support this past year, and if you ever decide to rejoin in the future we would be happy to have you back!