Cancelling Membership

Re: Cancelling Membership

Posted by Suresh Yanamadala on Nov 5, 2018 10:22 pm

Hi I have had a good run with flying but currently suspended activities. I am not able to cancel the auto-renew - Can you please help?

--Surra

Re: Cancelling Membership

Posted by Brennan Callan on Nov 5, 2018 11:10 pm

We have seen discussions on this topic during 2018.  Just call the 1800 number and talk to the MEMBERSHIP folks.  They are happy to help you.

Best wishes,
Brennan

Re: Cancelling Membership

Posted by David Prall on Dec 11, 2018 6:47 pm

Why is it impossible to cancel my membership on your website?

Re: Cancelling Membership

Posted by David Prall on Dec 11, 2018 6:48 pm

Unless the 1 800 number is staffed 24/7 (and it is not) then you need to allow membership to be cancelled vis your website.

Re: Cancelling Membership

Posted by Lauren Ayers on Dec 12, 2018 9:44 am

Good Morning Mr. Prall,

Thank you for writing to us.  I am sorry to hear you wish to cancel your membership, and we appreciate your feedback regarding the cancellation process.  At this time we are investigating the ability for AAR removal online, but I have gone ahead and removed your AAR set up so the membership does not renew in January per your request.  We are always happy to speak with someone over the phone to assist with a cancellation, or communicate through our other two methods of chat and email during our hours of operation.  Always feel free to send us an email after hours, and we will assist you as soon as possible.  If there is anything else I can help you with today please let me know.

Best Regards,

Lauren Ayers
Member Services

Re: Cancelling Membership lost intersted in flying

Posted by William Blum on Feb 9, 2019 10:04 pm

lost intersted in flying

Re: Cancelling Membership

Posted by Szilveszter Balazs on Mar 4, 2019 8:20 pm

I am not able to cancel the auto-renew - Can you please help? thanks

Re: Cancelling Membership

Posted by Sean Murray on Jul 5, 2019 5:54 am

Hi I would like to take my membership off AAR , auto payment please , just not happy as a pilot 👨🏼‍✈️ that I don’t have control , you guys should replace the option , it gives me a bad feeling that it’s a commercial / marketing decision rather than what AOPA is about , that is setup by the membership, have we been taken over by capitalists , money hungry dudes , because if it has we will all leave AOPA and start a new AOPA

Re: Cancelling Membership

Posted by William Graham on Aug 8, 2019 8:12 pm

Please cancel my membership.....also it should be easier to manage the auto renew membership or cancel membership from the website.

William R. Graham