FAA ADS-B Rebate Round 2

Re: FAA ADS-B Rebate Round 2

Posted by Brennan Callan on Oct 17, 2018 3:23 pm

Maybe everyone who missed the rebate should contact the vendor and officially "return" the product.  The next day, the product could be resold to that customer and officially "installed" after that.  This would get the newer receipt needed to comply with the newer requirement.  The vendor can issue a normal receipt/bill of sale.

Everyone needs to contact their members of Congress over the issue.

bye
Brennan

Re: FAA ADS-B Rebate Round 2

Posted by Harvey Hood on Oct 17, 2018 3:57 pm

I ordered My Garmin Gtx 335 A.D.S.B Oct 15th and I am going to get a $500.00 rebate

Re: FAA ADS-B Rebate Round 2

Posted by William Bow on Oct 21, 2018 8:16 am

I think you will have another issue.  If you had a system installed and operating, they will have a record of that.  They will not let you apply for the rebate since you already have an operational unit.  I ran int this after installing a NavWorx unit and then uninstalling it and installing a Garmin solution.  When they would't allow me to reapply I contacted them and pointed out that they had decertified my unit, causing the problem, they reset the rebate eligibility.

Re: FAA ADS-B Rebate Round 2

Posted by Richard Mutzman on Oct 22, 2018 7:55 am

Brennan,

I have watched the video.  The point is this should of been made retroactive. I have contacted the FAA, both my Senators, and Congressman.  So far crickets....

The entire ADSB Out stinks to high heaven.  The airlines won’t meet the deadline, the DoD won’t meet the deadline. In the end the FAA will have to either extend or grant waivers.  I don’t see the airlines or DoD grounding their equipment, or paying fines. It will be fun to see everyone begin to squirm about 12 months from now. I worked for the DoD for 33 years.  This is so typical for the government.

Richard

Re: FAA ADS-B Rebate Round 2

Posted by Brennan Callan on Oct 22, 2018 8:08 pm

Dear Richard, et al.,
I am not disagreeing with you at all.  I see and agree with your view point that when newer technologies are thrust upon the General Aviation Industry, it needs to be a funded mandate with consistent help for all.  Just like you, I do not see the commercial/military/black operations being grounded for a lack of ADS-B.

Perhaps the AOPA in additional to individual members, need to be stressing to members of Congress that a rebate for all folks should be funded, even if you recently sought to have the equipment installed.

I am a "cold war Veteran" and we do not begin to get help from the VA the way that formerly deployed Vets have gotten.  From 1945-1990 (other than the "declared wars" are cold war Veterans and we don't get any/hardly any benefits compared to deployed Veterans.  This means millions of valued Veterans are not getting the recognition for their dedicated efforts.

Richard, consider "returning" your ADS-B, then immediately repurchasing it to have it "re-installed" the same day.  Get a new receipt and submit that receipt for your equipment/installation, then get the new voucher and submit it all.  The worst they will do is to decline it.

When you communicate to Congress, show them the original bill and the rules over time.  Meeting with these folks during their "normal office hours" is a good way to see them.

The other day, there was a Louisville Metro sponsored community festival and I wanted to have more than 3-minutes (as you get at a public meeting to speak to the Metro Council), so I attended the festival booth to meet the two Councilmen and I had a much longer and more meaningful dialog with them at their booth.

Realize that there are good/bad times to attempt to visit with politicians.  You can ask to have an appointed meeting when your Congressman has office hours at a particular location.  That can be much better than just leaving a message with an assistant.

Best wishes,
Brennan

Re: FAA ADS-B Rebate Round 2

Posted by Richard Campbell on Oct 24, 2018 12:22 pm

Not Fair!  Why is my E-AB piston engine helicopter excluded? (Registered and AW certified).

Re: FAA ADS-B Rebate Round 2

Posted by Nimrod Mc Dade on Nov 14, 2018 9:56 pm

Why were the owners of light twin aircraft not given the rebate opportunity?